Monday, May 23, 2011

Morning war

Today I had a meeting with some of The Real Farmwives of America & Friends to build some blogging solidarity. We try to get together every few months to hang out, share some blogging experiences and tips, and spend some quality time on our blogs.

I live three hours away from where these meetings are. In a different time zone. So a meeting that starts at 10:00am in Indianapolis starts at 9:00am in my time zone. And I need to leave my house by 6:00am to get there on time.

(Don’t ask me about the meetings that start at 9:00am Indy time. I get tired just thinking about getting up for those meetings. Two weeks ago, I had to get to one that started at 7:00am Indy time. Ouch!!)

Anyway. Last night, I remembered to set up my coffee pot so it would automatically kick on and be ready to go by 6:00am. I changed my alarm clock, but I realized this morning I didn’t change it to the right time.

I thought I set it for 4:45am. Which makes me gag a little.

I actually had set it for 5:45am. Which makes me gag a little less, but also makes me late for my meeting.

My coffee pot turned on as planned. My alarm clock did not go off, but lucky me, I had a cat alarm clock this morning.

I don’t love it when Martin or Leo wakes me up by yelling for breakfast before my alarm goes off. Today, that would have been welcome.

This morning, right at 5:30am, I woke up to the sound of a cat puking. Many times. In different areas of the house.

The good news? It woke me up.

The bad news? There was a puking cat. It was Martin. And he had puked all over the house.

The other good news? After he puked (7 times), he was fine. He came for breakfast at 6:15am like he had never eaten before in his life.

And I sped a little bit on my drive (fueled by a travel mug of coffee, a triple venti skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, and a Diet Coke), so I wasn’t too late for my meeting with the girls.

I did have to stop to pee. Twice. But I made it!

3 comments:

  1. And we were SO glad to see you! BTW, remember the chat we all were having about our cats and anger issues? The girls discovered "an angry message" when they went up to watch a show in our room! Washing everything before Tall Guy gets home! Grrrrrrrrr! Don't know how/when she did it, but it's being dealt with! Good think I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your cat is fine. i'm also glad you made it safely to the meeting! Not so glad that i wasn't there to see ya!

    Maybe next time???
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuck! Poor Martin!
    That sounds like a crazy morning!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics