Thursday, March 17, 2011

I got a new toy!!

I’m so excited! I got a new toy!

I got a camera!

Yippie!

As functional as the point-and-shoot camera was, it was making me mad.

The zoom didn’t zoom very far. The flash took forever to recharge so I could take another picture. It took decent pictures, but I needed to do a lot of photo editing so I could put them online, and you could see what I was taking pictures of.

So I got a new one. :)

Yay for the DSL!

I love my new toy!

Robert’s Camera in Carmel, IN was super. The sales person answered all my questions, and was really helpful. She pulled out other comparable cameras to the one I thought I wanted, and I had a chance to play with them all. We talked about the different types of lenses, and which ones I might use now. She wasn’t pushy when I said I wasn’t ready for the super-fancy $700 lens. (Although I do want one.)

I ended up with the Nikon 3100 digital SLR.Now I just have to figure out how to use all the bells and whistles…

Lucky for me, Robert’s offers a free two-hour class, specific to the model, on how to use my new toy. I wonder when I will have time to get back to Indianapolis to take the class?

Oh, that’s right, I go to Indy all the time! I’m sure I’ll be able to find a time.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of DSLRs! You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome new toy. I have a Nikon D90 and I LOVE it. Can't wait to see some of your shots with the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cris - I already love it, totally hooked!

    Jeffrey - I think I'll try to do some comparison with the old and new camera, see how they each turn out pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching for some great photos on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! Now, do you have a dishwasher yet? I know those 2 things were at the top of your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave - don't worry, they're coming!

    Carla - no dishwasher yet... Big sale at the Princeton Sears on Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics