Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not as good as homemade

But, what is?

Cheesecake Factory cheesecake comes to mind… And Dairy Queen ice cream cakes, but who makes those at home anyway? (No, really, tell me who – I want to know how!) Stouffer’s frozen mac & cheese is pretty darn good…

But that’s not the point!

The point is that these are definitely NOT as good as homemade.no bake box My friend Justin used to make no-bake cookies for me and Dani in college. They were addictive. Seriously.

I saw these at Walmart yesterday, and in a rare moment of weakness, I bought a box.

Wait, does that label say use by 6/19?no bake label

Justin’s cookies would never last for 13 days.

Never.

These look the same…

Pretty chocolatey color, lots of rolled oats, yummy peanut butter smell…close up

But they are not the same. Nowhere near as good. A little dry, and not as much peanut buttery goodness as I want.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ll eat them.

I ate four before I managed to take pictures.cookiesBut I’ll complain the whole time.

Justin – I need your recipe! (Do they come in calorie-free?)

6 comments:

  1. I know I'm not Justin, but here's my no bake recipe...
    2 cups sugar (I suppose you could try Splenda, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, 1 stick butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy, smooth or combo), 3 cups oatmeal, pinch salt

    Put oatmeal, p.b. vanilla & salt in large bowl. Mix sugar & cocoa in saucepan, add milk & butter. Bring to rolling boil & cook 1 minute. Add to oats mixture & mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper & let set up.

    I make 4 batches at a time before fairs so I can use a whole small jar of p.b. The creamier the p.b., the better...I like Skippy, & of course real butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no; I always make homemade cheesecake! I love a good baked chocolate cheesecake. Check out my blog post for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars.

    http://theranchwifechronicles.com/?p=1101

    Lemon cheesecake bars are also an easy to make favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe above looks right but I usually ignore the salt. Sometimes I dropped in M&Ms and I always made a triple (or more) batch.

    If I figure out how to make them calorie-free I'll send you some... and make myself a millionaire :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are covered with a great recipe. Store bought is never as good as home unless the convenience makes up for the difference in taste. FYI I still haven't figured out how to make a Twikie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I remember those! They were VERY good. And guess who DOES make homemade ice cream cakes?
    My sister. Yep. She makes homemade ice cream cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I've been lured in by the wally world no bake cookies too... They arent bad but they are not my sisters no bake cookies! Thats for darn sure. I guess I will have to try my hand at making these. I'm so hungry for cookies now!!! Thanks alot!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics