Monday, July 4, 2011

Grill it up!

The 4th of July is a pretty big grilling day around here, so I thought I would take this opportunity to show off my grill! Our county fair is going on this weekend, so we’ll be eating fried fair food instead of home grilled food, but I bet lots of you are grilling out today!

Hubby Doc actually bought this grill before we got married. But I commandeered it after we got married and I moved down here. grill 1This grill has been through a lot. The winds get so bad on our hill sometimes that it has been blown over a time or three. And its handle broke off. But Hubby Doc put on a new one for me. (I was getting tired of using my oven mitts to open the grill cover!)handleDoes anyone actually have good luck with the igniter buttons? This one hasn’t worked in a very long time (hence the cobwebs).igniterThe grate and heat shield look a little dusty here, because I just cleaned it with a grill stone. I usually just use a wire brush, but every once in a while I give it a really good scrubbing down with a grill stone.grateThe heat shield has seen some better days. Every time we fire it up, we say that we need to replace it. Then we promptly forget until the next time we are getting ready to cook.heat shieldThis grill also has a burner. I will admit that we have never actually used it. Usually when I’m grilling, I put the entire meal on the grill, veggies and everything. I keep thinking I’m going to try this someday, but haven’t made that happen yet.burnerMy favorite part about the grill is the great view we have while we’re cooking outside.smokeAre you grilling for the 4th of July weekend? What was on your grill?

2 comments:

  1. Grilled a big slab of beef! Medium rare, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished up two rib-eyes from the farm to the freezer to the grill! YUM! Followed it up with grilled (on the stove top) asparagus, GP biscuits, and some GP dessert if we have any room.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics