Thursday, January 2, 2014

Baby Doc has no snooze button

Seriously. I’ve been looking for one!

Baby Doc 1 month barn
At one month old, Baby Doc was still pretty floppy. We plunked him down for this picture, and then had to worry about him toppling over. In November, he was still getting up 2-3 times a night. Ick. Luckily for me, Farmer Doc was helping out. We alternated middle-of-the night Baby Doc duty, so neither of us got too ridiculously exhausted.

Baby Doc 2 months barn
Two month old Baby Doc sure is having more fun! We weren’t so much worried about him toppling over anymore (he’s a superstar on head control!), but I was a little worried about him squirming away! By this time he’s only getting up once at night. So Farmer Doc and I can trade off nights… which means that every night one of us gets to stay in bed all night long! (Who would have thought that was a reason to celebrate?)

And while Baby Doc may not have a snooze button, it appears that he does have an internal alarm clock! That middle of the night feeding comes between 2:20-2:40am. Every night. Then he sleeps again until sometime between 7:00-8:00am. (Of course, now that I’ve written that, it will completely change. Predictable unpredictability.) This kid is actually all smiles when he wakes up (once he gets over the crying fit, that is). The crying fit he gets from me. The smiles he gets from his dad. Nothing smiling about this girl until she gets a cup of coffee!

Actually, Baby Doc makes me smile in the morning. Even before I get my coffee. But don't tell anyone!

Baby Doc and dad Christmas
Baby Doc’s first Christmas was pretty low-key. I mean, he was not quite 10 weeks old, so he really didn’t have much of an idea of what was going on. He’s not even at the stage where just opening the presents is fun yet! He did get this really cool bouncing purple cow stuffed animal for Christmas. That is way much fun!

Baby Doc and mom Christmas
So I leave you with this earwig, that Farmer Doc has not stopped reciting since that purple cow came into our lives. (Bad enough the stuffed animal makes noise, now so does Farmer Doc!)

I’ve never seen a purple cow.
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I’d rather see one than be one.

1 comment:

  1. Just put on clean underwear every day and it will all be good!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics