Friday, May 24, 2013

Samsung Galaxy Camera

I love my tech. Heck, the last time I traveled I took 2 smart phones, 1 camera, 1 smart camera, 2 tablets, and a laptop. It’s safe to say that I am a tech addict. And I just love trying new stuff when I can. Thanks to Verizon Wireless, I had the chance to check out Samsung’s new Galaxy Camera (that smart camera I mentioned), complete with a 4G connection!

cow and calf hanging out
This is pretty much the only camera I used the entire time I had it. With a 4G connection, the Android platform, and access to any Android app in the Play Store, I was hooked! In fact, all my Instagram pictures between March 23-May 2 were taken with this camera. (Yes, even the ones that used the PhotoGrid app!)

Size-wise, the Samsung Galaxy Camera is just perfect. It’s just about the same size as my Droid RAZR phone.

Galaxy camera
It’s a little bit thicker, but still fit in most of my pockets. It’s much smaller than my DSLR camera, which made it easier to pop in my purse for times when I didn’t want to carry my big camera bag.

Galaxy camera profile
(PS, these two photos were not taken with the Samsung Galaxy camera. Obviously. But the rest of the photos in this post were.)

The only photo editing I have done to these pictures was to resize them so they fit on the page. No contrast or color adjustment, no cropping, nothing.

I used this camera to capture the unforgettable day the calves broke out of the pasture.

running calf
I knew I had cooked another crockpot dish. But I couldn’t for the life of me find the photographs. I could have sworn I took photos! Well, I found them. Introducing Crockpot Chicken Parm, photos hiding on the Samsung camera. I used the “Food” setting, and loved the way they came out!

crockpot chicken parmesan
The “Landscape” mode really made the green grass pop. Here’s a photo taken in “Auto”…

cows at pasture
And the same photo taken in “Landscape” mode. (Remember, no post-photography processing here, just the camera’s magic!)

cows at pasture landscape mode
This was the only camera I used when we went to Las Vegas in April. I loved the “Rich Tones” feature for photographs when we went to see the Hoover Dam. It was a pretty cloudy day, so I wasn’t sure how the photos would all come out. It’s so hard to capture the gradients in the red rock! Here’s a photo taken in “Auto” mode.

Hoover dam bypass bridge
And the same photo taken in “Rich Tone” mode.

Hoover dam bypass bridge rich tone mode
I let Farmer Doc take the camera when he went on a guys-only trip to see the St. Louis Museum of Transportation. For someone who doesn’t take very many pictures, he did a pretty good job with this camera!

John transportation museum trip
Of course, there were plenty of cat photos. Most of them featuring Martin. (He’s so photogenic, how can I resist?)

Martin the cat
And the “Sunset” mode was wonderful. It let me capture some absolutely fantastic sunsets!

sunset mode
Can you spot the farmer working past dark? It is #Plant13, after all!

sunset mode with a tractor
Can you tell I’m a fan of the Samsung Galaxy Camera? It takes much better pictures than my phone. And the 4G connection made sharing photos so easy… on email, Instagram, Facebook, or whatever your social media of choice. And to get the photos off the camera onto my computer? Just transfer them to Dropbox! No muss, no cables, no fuss!

I cried a little when I had to send it back.

{Big thanks to Verizon Wireless who gave me this camera with a data connection to test for 4+ weeks. All thoughts, opinions, and photographs are my own.}

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being sad at sending it back. Glad you had so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics