Friday, July 13, 2012

Don’t leave your door open

The other night I got my mixer out to make blackberry cobbler.

kitchen cabinet

I left the cabinet door open long enough to put the mixer down on one of the other counters. When I turned back around, this is what I found.

pretzel in the cabinet

Pretzel. In my cabinet. Now, we certainly have our share of cats with personalities. But Pretzel is the trouble-maker of the group. If there is anything she can be in, or on, or knock off a high shelf, she’s there.

staking her claim

And she doesn’t give up easily.

comfortable in the cabinet

“Thanks for finding this spot for me. I think I’ll have a nap here.”

taking a nap

I thought about closing the door and just leaving her in there. Then I thought that might be a little mean. So I didn’t. But I really wanted to!

Finally, about an hour and a half later, Farmer Doc came home. He is most definitely her favorite. She woke up for him, and came out of the closet. Er, cabinet. So I was able to put my mixer away and shut the door.

Silly cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics