Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's WHAT time?

I seem to be saying this more frequently lately.  Does anyone else feel like the days are getting shorter?  I mean, not just because the summer solstice was on Monday, but because there's actually less time in the day than there used to be?

It seems like more and more I'll be working on a spreadsheet for my research, or reading a book, or working in the kitchen, or working on my blog, or reading a paper, or running errands, or moving endless boxes of stuff from the garage to the basement, or whatever I'm doing, and all of a sudden I look at the clock.  "Really?  How did it get to be that time already?  Last I knew, it was three hours ago!"

Anyone else?  At all?  Or is it just me.  I feel like I am busy busy busy, but when I look back at the end of the day (or week), it doesn't seem like all that much got accomplished.

I do know that at least my husband feels the same way.  He's started getting up at 5:30 every morning to go work in the garden, or the barn, or the hayfield.  He says it's the only way he's ever going to get caught up!  (By the way, he hasn't been "caught up" since I've known him.)

And here I am, out applying for part-time jobs, while thinking about trying to get another project off the ground.  Have I gone insane?

Anybody else having this issue?  What has worked for you?  Do you get up early, or stay up late?  Or have you just reconciled to the fact that "everything" will never get done, and whatever you can do is a bonus?  I'm up for tips here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics