Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My other problem

Not too long ago, I wrote about this little problem I have with ChapStick.

I have a similar problem with Diet Coke.
diet coke

Don’t get me wrong… I don’t always keep one in my purse and my pocket, like I do with my ChapStick. But I drink Diet Cokes. A lot. We buy them by the 24-pack, and that doesn’t last long enough.

And they make me happy.

I used to drink 6-8 cans a day. Now I’m down to 2-3. Most days.

But I gave them up. For now. For Lent. (Actually, I gave up all soft drinks. But not caffeine. That would be crazy.)

And sometimes I question my decision.

Like on days like Tuesday (today)… when I got up before 5:00am to drive to Indianapolis for an all day workshop with some of my blogging friends.

I love my blogging friends, and I am excited for this workshop. But I’m going to be tired. And that little caffeine boost would be more than welcome. Sigh.

Looks like I’ll have to switch to coffee instead!

5 comments:

  1. You are stronger than me.  Diet Coke is my one vice.  But, I come from a family of recovering alcoholics, so if I have to have an addiction, this isn't so bad . . . right?  Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you thinking?  Couldn't you give up something....anything... else instead of your diet coke?  So when I see you the end of the week what will your mood be?  Should I bring some tea or something with me?  (Did you really get up at 5 am? Amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - actually, I got up at 4:45am (Central time). It sucked. I drank half a pot of coffee in the car. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my mid-afternoon caffeine kick most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your doing a great job with the "giving up" diet coke for now! Just stick with it!

    Hope you had a good time with the ladies!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics