Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Best Boy and Co Sauces

This was my first introduction to the Best Boy & Co line of sauces. I was not disappointed, and I am definitely a new and loyal customer!

I started off with their Adobo BBQ Sauce. I am not a fan of super-spicy, so I am always a little cautious when trying new BBQ sauces, especially ones that have a photo of a pepper right on the label! But I was brave, and gave it a try on a batch of oven-roasted pork ribs.

Best Boy and Co Adobo BBQ sauce
This sauce was perfect. A wonderful smoky BBQ flavor, and just a subtle hint of spice, almost as an afterthought. Seriously – how good do these ribs look? And that sauce… it’s a gorgeous color and just the perfect thickness. I had to smack the bottle ketchup-style to get it to come out, but it stayed right where I put it – the perfect topping for the ribs without ending up all over the pan and plate instead.

pork ribs with Best Boy and Co Adobo BBQ sauce
Savory is not all they do… there are some serious dessert sauces to try, as well. This Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce is amazing. Fantastic on fruit (like this apple slice), but I darn near ate it out of the jar with a spoon. No kidding. It doesn’t taste like bourbon… just like super-rich caramel, with a little hint of bourbon flavoring. Definitely not over-powering.

Best Boy and Co Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce
Summer is the time when Farmer Doc and I really excel at making homemade ice cream. This year, with a new counter-top ice cream maker I am experimenting with new flavors in smaller batches (instead of possibly ending up with 6 quarts of a flopped experiment). This was phase two of homemade mint ice cream, made with fresh chocolate mint leaves from my herb garden. (I may have found our last sleeve of frozen chocolate mint cookies from some famous Scouts to add to the ice cream…)
Best Boy and Co Espresso Enriched Hot Fudge Sauce
Holy cow. Add the Espresso Enriched Hot Fudge Sauce from Best Boy & Co to this homemade ice cream, and I am all set for the night! A little word of caution here – this is wonderful dark chocolate, and the sauce is super-rich. A little goes a very long way, so don’t overdo it.

(By the way, this is a little bit of heaven in your mouth when you dip fresh strawberries right in the chocolate…)

Intrigued? I’d say so! Check out the Best Boy & Co retailer list to see where you can purchase these amazing sauces nearby. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Joe Engelbrecht’s Fourth Generation Orchard right here in Evansville carries their products! Don’t worry if you can’t find a retailer near you… you can purchase these products online directly from the Best Boy & Co website.

{Best Boy & Co did provide me with these samples to taste and review. All thoughts, opinions, and photographs are my own.}

2 comments:

Real Time Web Analytics