Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Decorations

It should be no secret by now… Fall is my favorite season! I love when I can pull out those big sweaters, and hats, and scarves! I love scarves!

I also love the colors of fall. Last year we were getting packed up and moved out of our old house to make way for the remodel project. So I really didn’t decorate for fall like I wanted to.

I’m making up for that this year!

I brought home a truck full of mums and pumpkins over the weekend!

fall is here

I started by putting them in the general groupings I thought I was going to want. Here’s the back porch/mud room entrance. (Aka, the main entrance.)

grouping for back

And these were headed for the front porch. (Not usually the main entrance, but the focal point when you come up the driveway.)

grouping for front

I took the stickers off the pumpkins. (Hey – Frey Farms! They’re just up the road form us!)

sticker on pumpkin

Then arranged the plants and pumpkins the way I wanted them. Here’s the back porch.

back porch decorations

The arrangement on the left side of the front porch…

front porch left

And the right side of the front porch.

front porch right

And here’s the front of the house. All it needs is a little landscaping!

front porch

I’m thinking of taking the single dark orange mum that’s sitting by the front door around to the back. The back porch feels a little bare to me.

I found this centerpiece on my travels yesterday, too. I love this pumpkin tea-light holder from Better Homes and Gardens. It’s just my style!

table centerpiece

(Yes, Pretzel, we see you helping.)

Although this is still my favorite fall piece. Farmer Doc and I picked this up in Cumberland Falls, Kentucky on our honeymoon.

pumpkin candle

Considering this was the extent of my fall decorations last year, I think I’ve come a long way!

last year decorations

What are you decorating with this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics